Monday, January 8, 2018

Catching Up with All The Sports


A multi-sport trade package from up Canada way. 

The various stacks of cards around my home are starting to get dangerously high. They tend to wobble a bit whenever I am near them. This means that I'm overdue for some organization and some trades, which means we're going to be looking at another trade posts here at Cards on Cards. This package came from buckstorecards and covers all of the sports, which is a good thing!


Jordan Bell and Dillon Brooks are the Ducks stars that have been getting most of the attention (and playing time) from last year's Final Four team, but young Tyler Dorsey has gotten some action of late with the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks have been dreadful this season as they are going through a rebuild, which leaves them plenty of leeway to be patient with someone like Dorsey.


I was super excited (and surprised) to get a certified auto of Elgin Cook, son of former NBA player Alvin Robertson. Cook starred for the 2015-16 Ducks team, but went undrafted. He's playing professionally in Germany currently. It's always great to get cards of players in Ducks uniforms.


Speaking of Ducks, while I don't officially collect UO baseball players, I am starting to put together a nice grouping of Ryon Healy cards. I am thinking I will probably stash these somewhere, not that there are any A's collectors out there that would be beating down for more A's cards. Healy was recently dealt to Seattle, which means that I'll be seeing more of him on TV as I live in Mariners broadcast territory.


I couldn't not scan a Marcus Mariota card after the playoff game that he had. He can really do it all!


I swear I will watch an NHL game at some point this season before the playoffs start. I started to watch the Winter Classic the other day, which unfortunately didn't involve the Blues.


Noah Vonleh's playing time has disappeared like any threat of winter weather here in Portland, but I am still excited about this 25/25 Artist's Proof parallel from the new Hoops set.


Finally, here's a throwback to an Eagles star from a few years back, Shady McCoy. The Eagles head into this weekend's meeting with Atlanta as the first #1 seed in league history to be an underdog in the divisional round. Losing Carson Wentz was painful. Yikes.

3 comments :

  1. Those Artist Proofs are tough! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that Honus Bonus card up top...no logos, colorless uniform, no first name, no position designation (although you wouldn't see anyone but a pitcher in that pose), and a very common surname. That's as close to "Generic Baseball Card" as you're likely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Mariota card and I think he is the real deal. Hopefully they can get better and find more playoff success. Good post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.